Home » » NYC Man Gets 25+ Years for Stalking, Killing Ex-Girlfriend

NYC Man Gets 25+ Years for Stalking, Killing Ex-Girlfriend


A Brooklyn man was sentenced Friday to 25 years to life in prison for shooting and killing his former girlfriend as she left her job in a Brooklyn Heights park in 2016.

Lamont Wright, 55, was convicted of second-degree murder, second-degree criminal possession of a weapon and stalking earlier this month.

Wright, a convicted sex offender, shot 24-year-old Michelle Marks as she was leaving her waitress job at Fornino’s restaurant in Brooklyn Bridge Park on June 6, 2016.

At the time of the shooting, Marks was on the phone with her new boyfriend. She told the boyfriend: “Babe, he’s here, call the police, he’s got a gun.” Then the call dropped, prosecutors say.

Marks was found dead on a sidewalk with a gunshot wound to her head. Wright was taken into custody a day later.

“The senseless murder of a promising young woman at the hands of this defendant was devastating and cruel, coming on the heels of an unacceptable campaign to terrorize her,” District Attorney Eric Gonzalez said in a press release Friday.

Authorities say Marks had broken up with Wright and that he had been stalking her in the days leading up to the shooting.



from NBC New York - Top Stories https://ift.tt/2pBj0sa
source IFTTT
Fourni par Blogger.

الصفحات

Contributeurs